Student at Law
403-266-1201 ext. 239
Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Kristin joined Maurice Law as an articling student in 2017. She completed her law degree at the University of Calgary and was on the Dean’s List in her second year. Kristin received the Alan D. Hunter Award in the law of Evidence and the Howard Tidswell Memorial Award in Law for exhibiting public spiritedness and integrity.
During law school, Kristin focused her time on Aboriginal and environmental law, volunteering with the Dare to Dream Program at Siksika Nation and representing the University of Calgary at the 2016 Kawaskimhon National Talking Circle. Before working with Maurice Law, Kristin pursued her interest in environmental law as a research assistant with the Geoengineering Governance Research Project.
Community Engagement & Presentations
• Kawaskimhon National Talking Circle, University of Calgary Team (2016)
• Volunteer, Canadian Civil Liberties Association (2015-2016)
• Volunteer, Dare to Dream Program at Siksika Nation (2015)
• Vice President, LEVEL, University of Calgary Branch (2014-2015)
Education & Professional Memberships
• J.D. (University of Calgary, 2017); completed one semester at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
• B.A., Sociology and Political Science (University of Alberta, 2012); completed one year at the University of Sheffield, UK