306-986-1557 ext. 310
209-2nd Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3P2
Andrew was called to the bar in 2020 and joined Maurice Law as an associate in early 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced law in Regina, Saskatchewan where he focused on corporate-commercial law, administrative law and litigation.
Andrew has represented clients in administrative bodies and appeared at all levels of court in Saskatchewan, including Provincial Court, the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
Andrew completed his Juris Doctor and a Master of Laws at the University of Saskatchewan in 2017 and 2019, respectively. As part of his Master of Laws, Andrew completed a thesis that focused on the regulation of small modular nuclear reactors (SMRs) in Canada. This thesis also covered important topics such as environmental assessments, stake holder engagement, risk informed decision making and the use of expert opinion for regulating risk. Andrew’s thesis was recommended by the faculty of law for the Innovation in Technology Graduate Award.
Prior to pursuing a career in Law, Andrew obtained a Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical and Biological Engineering from the University of British Columbia. Andrew’s studies focused on downstream petroleum refining and the industrial production of biological compounds using biological processes.
Community Engagement & Presentations
• Assistant Soccer Coach at Queen City United Soccer (2019)
• Presenter, 38th Annual Conference of the Canadian Nuclear Society and 42nd Annual CNS/CNA Student Conference, “The Challenges of Tristructural Isotropic Fuels In Canada” (2018)
• Legal Student Volunteer at Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City Inc. (CLASSIC) (2018)
• Pro Bono Student Group at Klein Lawyers LLP (2015)
• Pro-Bono Students Canada (2015)
• Andrew Dusevic, “The role of the CNSC under the proposed Impact Assessment Act” (2018) 6:3 Energy Regulation Quarterly 33
• Andrew Dusevic, “How the New Impact Assessment Act Could Block Canada's Nuclear Progress” (2 November 2018) Memorandum in the Intelligence Memos series with the C.D. Howe Institute.
• Andrew Dusevic, The Challenges of Deploying Small Modular Nuclear Reactors in Saskatchewan, (2020) Bar Notes Vol 34.1