403-266-1201 ext. 221
Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Dana joined Maurice Law in January of 2018 after articling and practicing with another boutique Aboriginal law firm in southern Alberta. Throughout her career, Dana has focused on advancing the interests of First Nation and Métis clients on a broad range of issues, including recognition of s. 35 rights-bearing communities, consultation and treaty rights issues. She has appeared at superior courts and courts of appeal in Alberta and B.C.
Before being called to the bar, Dana was the coordinator of Level’s Dare to Dream program at the University of Calgary, where volunteer lawyers taught the basics of Canadian criminal law to First Nations youth on reserve and in Calgary public schools, culminating in a mock trial in court. Outside of law, she enjoys leading hiking trips in the Canadian Rockies and is learning to cross-country ski.
Community Engagement and Presentations
- Volunteer, Calgary Legal Guidance Evening Summary Advice Clinic (2017-present)
- Volunteer Organizer, Calgary Outdoor Recreation Association (2017-present)
- Kawaskimhon Moot Coordinator, University of Calgary, 2016
- Kawaskimhon Moot, University of Calgary Team, 2015
- Program Coordinator, Dare to Dream, 2013-2015