Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Emily Guglielmin joined Maurice Law as an Articling Student in 2015 after completing her Juris Doctor at the University of Calgary. Emily has remained as an Associate after being called to the Bar of the Law Society of Alberta in 2016.
As an Associate Emily mainly practices in the areas of specific claims, and litigation focused on the legal issues particular to Indigenous peoples and First Nations in Canada. Emily also practices corporate and commercial law for First Nations and First Nation owned entities.
Before working with Maurice Law, Emily gained experience in land contracts, aboriginal legal issues, environmental law, and health and safety law with a large oil and gas infrastructure company in Calgary.
Community Engagement & Presentations
• Organizational Committee Member, Kawaskimhon National Talking Circle (2016-2017)
• Negotiation Team Member, Kawaskimhon National Talking Circle, (2015)
• 3rd Year Academic Representative, Academic Planning Committee (2014-2015)
• QB Amicus Volunteer, ProBono Students Canada (2014)
• Chair and volunteer, LEAF Calgary Student Chapter (2011-2014)
• Civil Claims Duty Counsel Volunteer, ProBono Students Canada (2013-2014)
• Hospitality Site Volunteer, Calgary Folk Fest (2013 and 2014)
• Case Worker, Student Legal Assistance (2012-2013)