Student at Law
Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Niki joined Maurice Law as an articling student in April 2019, after completing a clerkship at the Provincial Court of Alberta. Niki obtained her BA (Honours) in Political Science with a Certificate in Peace and Post-Conflict Studies from the University of Alberta. Her honours thesis focused on educational policy and the representation of contemporary colonialism in the Alberta curriculum.
Niki completed her law degree at the University of Victoria where she received the Faculty’s Ann Roberts Humanitarian Award in 2017.
Throughout her studies, Niki’s interests have centred on Indigenous-settler relations and the ways in which non-Indigenous Canadians and Canadian institutions must be accountable for and confront their complicity in ongoing colonisation
Community Engagement & Presentations
• Aboriginal Awareness Camp Planning Committee, University of Victoria, Faculty of Law (2016-2017)
• Resale Shop Volunteer, Women in Need Community Cooperative (2016-2017)
• Pro Bono Student, Inter-Cultural Association of Victoria (2015-2016)
• Executive Director, Seminar on the United Nations and International Affairs (2013-2015)
• Clinic Coordinator, Edmonton Community Legal Centre (2014-2015)
Education & Professional Memberships
• J.D. (University of Victoria, 2018)
• B.A. (Hons), Political Science (University of Alberta, 2015)