Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Nisha joined Maurice law on December 7, 2017 and is based in Vancouver, B.C. She was called to the British Columbia bar on December 6, 2016.
Before joining Maurice Law, Nisha practiced in the area of family law. She appeared at both Provincial Court and Supreme Court levels and gained experience interacting with clients, drafting pleadings and negotiating agreements.
Nisha provides legal services to First Nations Communities, with a focus on specific claims, judicial reviews and civil litigation.
Community Engagements & Presentations
• Treasurer, CBABC Aboriginal Law Executive (June 2016 – present) (former member-at large from September 2016 to May 2017)
• Secretary, Board of Directors, Feminist Association for Collaborative Education B.C. (October 2017 – present)
• Roger S. Smith Research Award Recipient: Topic: Federal Jurisdiction Over Metis Peoples (May 2014)
• Kawaskimhon National Aboriginal Law Moot: Assistant Coach (December 2014 – April 2015)
• Co-Author: “Indigenous Centered Conflict Resolution Processes in Canada” for the Centre of Excellence on Matrimonial Real Property (December 2014)
Education and Memberships
• Law Society of British Columbia (December 2016)
• Canadian-Cross Border Coalition (2016)
• Trial Lawyers Association (2015)
• J.D. (University of Alberta, Faculty of Law 2015)
• Canadian Bar Association (2013)
• B.A. (Hons) & Certificate of Liberal Arts, (Simon Fraser University 2009)
Practice Areas• Civil Litigation• Specific Claims