403-266-1201 ext. 241
Suite 300, 602 12th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J3
Melanie joined Maurice Law as an articling student in the summer of 2017 and was called to the Alberta bar in August of 2018. Melanie received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Alberta where she focused on aboriginal law, natural resource law, oil and gas law, and administrative law.
Melanie was also an executive member of the University of Alberta Faculty of Law’s Environmental Law Student’s Association, and was co-chair of the Faculty’s Mental Health and Wellness Committee. In 2016 Melanie participated in a national Aboriginal Law Moot, tasked with incorporating the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People into Canada’s legal system.
In 2016 Melanie summered at Enbridge Pipelines in their regulatory law group, gaining experience in aboriginal law and duty to consult issues. Melanie was also employed by the University of Alberta’s Faculty of Law to help create Canada’s first experiential law course focusing on Gladue Report Writing.
Community Engagement & Presentations
• Gala Committee Member, Woods Homes, Calgary
• Elected Executive Member for the University of Alberta Environmental Law Students Association (2015-2017)
• Co-Chair of the Faculty of Law’s Mental Health and Wellness Committee (2015-2017)
• Volunteer with Pro-Bono Society Students of Canada (2014-2016)
Education & Professional Memberships
• J.D. (University of Alberta, 2017)
• B.A., English (University of Victoria, 2014)
• Member, Canadian Bar Association